Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Choco Museo, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (Wednesday, October 24th, 2018)

While we were on the Malecon today, we stopped into one of the chocolate shops that has a small museum about chocolate.  I have always been curious about chocolate, so this sounded fun.  The museum is on the second floor, and when we got up there they had a cooking class going on.


Steve and I wandered through the museum, just enjoying the facts that it had to offer.  I think my pictures can do cacao more justice than I could trying to explain it.











They also had an exhibit on how to make different kinds of chocolate, but I felt like I had to leave something as a surprise when you come visit the museum yourself.

The top of this map show who consumes chocolate, and the bottom shows who grow chocolate.  Very interesting.  Most cacao is grown in Africa, and most is consumed in Europe.  


I guess we Americans are going to have to get busy consuming more chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment