Sunday, November 5, 2017

Driving Lesson and Air Show (Saturday, November 4th, 2017)

I have been working non-stop since we returned from Glamis, and Monday I have the Chix Ride to the cabin with the Havasu SxS club.  

The Chix Ride is a ride for women only, and gives us a chance to drive the RZR's without the "help" of our husbands.  In my case, my husband is very helpful and patient, but I still think it will be really fun to go with just a group of women. I will be driving Steve's RZR and Sharyn will be riding along with me, so I decided I should probably get a little practice driving before I get out there on my own.

So this morning I took a break from work so I could have my first and only driving lesson.  I guess we can consider this a crash course, but lets hope I don't crash.  We are reversing roles, so I will be the driver and Steve will be the photographer.  




We decided to just head north of town.  There is an airshow at the airport today, so we're hoping to maybe see part of it while we're driving.




Getting up on this hill made me a little uncomfortable, but I did it, and the views were great from up here!



 



Since the hill climb made me uncomfortable Steve had me do it three times.  I can't say that I got any more comfortable with it, but it was definitely good practice.  I appreciate him so much!

These mountains were so pretty that I thought they looked fake.



Then we headed on north to see if we would be able to see any of the air show.  We couldn't believe how much we were able to see, and in fact, we got caught up watching it and lost track of time.  I don't think this was part of the show, but it was fun to see.  It was one of those kit planes.




Then we sat back, pulled out some lunch and enjoyed the show!

  

 

 




 


























I'm sure that the air show was much more spectacular up close and personal, but I got my driving lesson and still got to see a little of the show too.  I actually ended up doing a little over 20 miles in the desert.  I got more confident the further I went!  And best of all I now feel very confident with Monday's Chix Ride! It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment