Sunday, March 26, 2017

Spring Breakers (Saturday, March 25th, 2017)

I had a big work day today, so when I finally emerged from my office Steve handed me some shorts and said put these on, I'm getting you out of the house.  That's what I love about that man! He takes such great care of me!

As we drove down the hill, he asked me, "The island or Rotary Park?"  Since we haven't been to Rotary Park in a long time, I decided that would be nice.  I had forgotten that it was Saturday, and I had also forgotten that it was spring break.

As we started walking along the beach, it was so nice and relaxing. I took Steve's phone from his hand and snapped a quick picture.  It was so calm.


But as we made our way into the channel, we got a quick reminder that it is spring break in Lake Havasu City.  And that means kids, and lots of them!



And there are usually some vendors set up along the channel as well.




When we got near the London Bridge, we turned around and walked back, right past the life sized beer pong.



It seemed like everyone was having a good time, and they seemed pretty well behaved.  Our local police were keeping an eye out too, just to make sure everything stayed calm.


We're always happy for the tourism that comes to our town, snow birds, spring breakers, and weekend warriors, and in fact, we aren't actually locals in this town either, so who are we to talk.  It's just kind of funny when we're caught off guard by the crowds when we expected a nice quiet walk in the park.


If we're going to stick around for awhile, we're going to have to get used to this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment