Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Desert Wildflowers (Tuesday, March 14th, 2017)

As we made the drive to Glamis, we were amazed by the beauty of the desert, so when we got home, we decided to take a closer look. It has been such a wet year all over the United States, and Lake Havasu has been no exception.  So the desert is greener than we have seen it in years.  We are so lucky that we live just minutes from the desert, so we took our utility terrain vehicle and headed out of town. 

I think that the desert is one of the most misunderstood climates. There is true beauty, you just have to look a little closer than in other places.  Here are the results of our adventure, I hope that you aren't disappointed.





















The ocotillo aren't quite blooming yet, but they're getting close.

































During our wild flower photo shoot, we were graced by the presence of this little guy.












Steve  is so patient, while I take my flower pictures, he tries to find things that I'll like, and catches up with friends, but no matter what, I have the best husband in the world!  Thanks Babe!



He also takes pictures of me taking pictures of flowers.  I think that is one of his favorite pass times.  Silly guy!


No comments:

Post a Comment