Thursday, June 1, 2017

Siesta Time - Gate Cover (Sunday, May 28th, 2017)

One thing about living in the desert, it gets hot in the middle of the day, and makes you kind of lazy. So we've started doing indoor projects to get away from the heat a little bit.

During our move down here, we broke my sewing machine.  I think it was our only casualty, but it was kind of a sad one.  I don't use my machine all the time, but I do enjoy pumping out little projects on it.  So a couple of months after we got down here, we did some research and came up with a new machine that we thought would work well.  We ended up with a Sailrite brand somewhat industrial machine that supposedly will do lighter weight projects as well.

So I just finished up my first project on it, and am very happy with the results.  We have a gate on the side of our house, and the wind just howls through the gate, bringing in all of the neighborhood leaves with it.  So I made a gate cover to allow the breeze in, but will hopefully keep the leaves out.

It's made out of a mid weight mesh.  The machine worked great! 





After sewing the edges, we just needed to add the  grommets so it wouldn't pull out.





It only took a few hours to complete, and so far, it's working great! 



What a great way to spend the hot part of the day here in the desert!

No comments:

Post a Comment