Saturday, June 23, 2018

Back Home (Friday, June 22nd, 2018)

Our trip back home was very uneventful, just the way we would want it to be!  Crossing the border was interesting this time, in that we were searched by the Mexican military before crossing the border, then we went through immigration and customs on the U.S. side after that.  Out of our four rigs, three got to go into secondary for a additional search this time.  We were the lucky ones that just got to go around!  

We did not have a line at the border at all, but there was a line trying to get into Mexico coming the other direction for the weekend.  

When we got home it was about 3:00, and the thermometer said it was 116 F and 10% humidity. 



Welcome back to Havasu!  No more ocean breezes, no more waves crashing, and no more fresh seafood, but we do love it here, even when the temps are soaring.

I took time to clean up my shells that I collected on our sandy beach and at Las Conchas.  I think I did pretty well!  I'm excited to add them to my collection!



A lot of people has asked me where Puerto Penasco is... it is at the top of the Sea of Cortez, about an hour across the border in Sonoyta.  It takes us about seven hours to get there from Havasu.  This includes a stop for gas in Gila Bend and all the border related stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment