Sunday, June 24, 2018

My First Birdie (Sunday, June 24th, 2018)

We're back to the heat of Havasu, which means lots of preparation for a game of golf.  Lots of water, cooling towels, sunscreen, a hat and a cart are all necessities in Havasu in June.  But none the less, we still love golfing, hot or not.  

Today we went out to play at 8:40.  We like to play a little later than most to avoid the crowds, and the heat really doesn't bother us.  We've been playing this crazy game for 13 months now, and although we feel like we are getting better, we (or maybe I should say I because Steve is pretty good) rarely get rewarded with a par and never a birdie.  But  today was a really big day for me.  I got my first birdie on a par 4, which means for you non-golfers that I got the ball in with three hits!

As much as we hate this game sometimes, it sure is rewarding when we play well!  

2 comments:

  1. wow Andra...very impressive. I took lessons many years back and I was terrible. Good for you. You must be better than you think! You're a natural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna, I'm pretty terrible, but just got lucky! Its a fun game if you give it a chance.

      Delete