Monday, March 30, 2020

Never Admit You're Bored (Sunday, March 29th, 2020)

Each evening, Steve and I sit out in the yard, enjoying our gorgeous weather, sometimes completely alone, sometimes with friends on FaceTime.  I enjoy it for about an hour, and then I get anxious and feel the need to move.  Tonight, Steve was really into it, and we sat here for almost 3 hours.  At one point, I asked him how he could just sit and do nothing for that long, and he said "I'm pretty proud of myself, I never thought I be able to do this".  So I sat there a little bit longer with him, so he could be proud of himself.  

But by then, I was starting to feel like a slug, and was getting in a bad mood, so I said we needed to go do something.  He got a smile on his face and said, OK, lets go get water.  So we grabbed our two,  two gallon jugs.  But instead of getting in the car, we started walking.  It's about 1.25 miles to the machines where we get our R.O. water and then 1.25 miles back, which isn't far, but I thought, this could get pretty heavy by the time we get home.  But I didn't say a word.  

We filled up our bottles, sanitized our hands and headed back home. 



I had to help Steve out with his water a few times, because he just couldn't handle it. 😜

It was actually really good exercise and made me feel much less like a slug.  OK, I really enjoyed it.  But be careful admitting that you're bored to your husband, you never know what he'll come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment