Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Sprouts (Sunday, April 2nd, 2017)

My friend Joyce has my same passion for healthy, fun food.  So just before our kids came, she surprised me with a sprout jar and a bunch of seeds for sprouting.  I was so excited and couldn't wait to try it out!


I read the instructions, and it's super simple to grow your own sprouts.  Start by oiling the lid of the jar with olive oil.


Pour in the seeds.


Put the lid on, with the screen inserted.


Rinse two or three times.


Then fill the jar with water, about an inch above the seeds.  Let the seeds soak for 8-12 hours.


Each day you rinse the seeds, and before you know it, they are sprouting.





About a week, and our sprouts were ready to eat.


A nice fresh, healthy meal, complete with home grown sprouts!


Thank you, Joyce, for my wonderful sprout jar and seeds!  We will enjoy this for many meals to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment