Friday, October 25, 2019

Cabin Ride with Dad (Friday, October 11th, 2019)

As we made our way around the western United States this summer, I told Steve that I would really like to be back in Havasu by October 1st, because October is my favorite month at home.  So the end of September we started making our way back.  We followed the 101 down to the San Francisco Bay area of California and then cut across toward the east.  We stayed one night in Stockton, CA at the Elks lodge, where we had a very warm welcome (guests by their first drink and get the second one free) and great accommodations for the night for a $20 donation, then made our way home the next day.  The Stockton Elks members were extremely welcoming!

Since being home, the weather has cooperated perfectly, and we have been enjoying every minute of our busy lives.  My parents stopped by on their way through from St. George, Utah to their winter home in the Phoenix area, so we had a chance to spend some time catching up with them.  Their first day here, Steve took my dad on a RZR ride to the Dollar Cabin with our local SXS Club.  

My dad is a tall man, so it took some work to get him into my harness, but we did it!


My mom and I went to the starting point of the ride to see them off.


It was really fun to think about the guys as they were out there riding.  My dad got to try something that we do a lot, and to experience a big part of our lives.  They ate lunch at the cabin and then explored the mine.


It looks like Steve has his flashlight ready for the mine exploration.







When they returned that night, we got to hear all about their adventure.  I think my dad had a really great time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment