Sunday, December 18, 2016

Since We've Been Home (Saturday, December 17th, 2016)

Life has slowed down a bit since we've been home, but we've still had some fun events to reflect on.  

Shortly after we arrived home, we received an invitation to attend our son (in law's) promotion ceremony to 1st Lieutenant.  It gave us a chance to see both of them and to celebrate his accomplishments. 

Then we celebrated Thanksgiving with the family, a great time for all of us.  It's always nice when we can get as many of the kids together as possible. 



And over the Thanksgiving holiday, we got to meet our new grand kitty Albert.  He is the greatest addition to our family.  My whole life I have been allergic to cats, but somehow, so far, I am not allergic to him.  I sure hope it stays that way!  We don't get to see him as often as we'd like, but he is adorable!




I've also been doing some stitching on a Christmas tree skirt for our oldest daughter and her husband, but it definitely isn't going to be done this year.



But the biggest change at this point is how cold it has gotten.  Nine inches of snow and seven degrees today.  It's quite a shock from the temperatures in South East Asia.


I don't think Steve is having much fun today, but I'm in the toasty house just taking pictures.  Not too bad for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment